Thursday 12 February 2009

Crossroads....

Been a strange few weeks....like my feet haven't touched the ground! The addition of starting a Zumba fitness class, and visiting my friend with new baby, have seemed to make my week full now! I'm not complaining though, it's a good thing. Less time to think about the past, more time to concentrate on the future!

As for the future, I seem to be at a crossroads. Career or more children? I may not even have a choice really, I'm not to know....I may not have another successful pregnancy, or I may not cope with a post-grad course in Speech and Language therapy. I'm not to know until I try one or the other. I just have to decide which.....and it has to be agreed with hubby too, of course. Friends say I should just see what happens, but I always like to focus on something...I'm pro-active I guess. I feel that now would be a good time to have another child, when our first is about to start full time school, and I've not started a new career. Starting a new career will be good for us all though, so it's quite confusing.

On a different subject, I've been quite angered by something I read on the Asthma UK website. Research shows that steroid pills are ineffective in treating pre-school wheezing. My daughter has had around 5 prescriptions of steroids in the last year, and I thought it was those which were saving her life. I've hated her having to have them though, knowing the damage they can do in the longterm. Now I read that they were unnecessary!!! It does anger me. I just really hope that the salt pipe she's using continues to keep her wheezing away, and she never has to return to hospital with another asthma attack. Fingers crossed.

No comments: