Saturday 5 July 2008

Can't hide forever.....

Hi to Guatemala girl, nice to be in touch. I'm sorry you went through the same in May. I hope you're getting over it ok, and have lots of support. Feel free to email if you want to chat more.

I had a bit of a low day yesterday, I think it was due to the scan on Thursday. I was often thinking of the 'what ifs', and how it was so unfair. How I wanted my baby in my arms in a few months time, but it'll never happen. I had a nice visit from a friend yesterday morning though, and we talked and talked, as she's been through a very similar miscarriage a few months ago. It was good comparing our feelings about what had happened. She's now 27 weeks pregnant with her 2nd child, and having a hard time relaxing after what happened. I can imagine how hard it'd be. We both agreed though, that although we have had some very bad luck recently, we are both very blessed to have our first children. I don't know if I could try for another child so quickly though, I don't know if I would like to risk going through all this again.
My bleeding has eased a lot in the last couple of days. After hearing from the scan that there's still a lot I need to 'expel', I've been hoping I'd continue to bleed heavily and get it over with, so as to avoid the need for medical intervention. It doesn't seem to be happening very successfully though. At least since Sunday I'm sure my baby isn't with me, so it's just what's left over, the lining of my womb, that is still there. If needs be, I don't mind the thought of surgery to remove that, if absolutely necessary.
I've ordered some homeopathic remedies to try to help, hoping they'll help to remove what's left. They're said to be useful in circumstances such as mine, when the body slows down it's contractions in childbirth, and when the womb is upset. I was hoping they'd arrive today, but no sign of them. I'm hoping they'll arrive on Monday, and do the job, so that the scan on Friday shows the miscarriage is complete. If not, I'm not sure how long I can go on trying to do the right thing. I'm getting very upset with hospital visits, I just want to move on and feel more normal again.
I've just come back from a village summer fair in aid of my father's church. It was really busy, especially for such a rainy day. It was hard to make myself go though, as I knew what it'd be like. Everyone I saw asked how I was, and if I was ok, and were sympathetic. Word has got around, which is good, knowing everyone is thinking of me and supporting me, but it was also hard, putting on a brave face and smiling even when I didn't want to. I knew I had to go though, as I had to get it over with. Like that first time meeting up with my friends after hearing the news. I dreaded it, and it was hard, but I can't hide forever. It's times like this when friends and family are really important, and I feel very lucky to have so many caring people in my life.
Making a big effort tonight too. We rarely go out, but have decided to go to a welsh dancing/folk music evening. My brother does traditional welsh dancing, and loves these evenings that happen a couple of times a year, so we're taking him up on his invite for once, thinking it may cheer us up. Will only stay an hour or so, as taking our daughter too, but still, it's a big effort to go out while I'm feeling like I am. Will hopefully really enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dance thing sounds fun! Hope it cheers you up a little! I have never seen anything like that...I am sure it would broaden my horizons. I saw a clog dancer once...that was really neat.