Saturday 12 July 2008

Nearly complete and empty too.

It's been nearly a week since I last wrote on here. I feel that the week has whizzed past, although nothing much has happened. The start of the week was hard, too much time spent dwelling on what's happened, but the end of the week has been much easier on my emotions.
I received the homeopathic remedies I'd ordered, to help my miscarriage along. Secale and Caulophyllum. I think they made my bleeding heavier, so did what I hoped, although I'd expected them to cause some contractions, but I didn't feel anything of the kind. By the time Friday arrived, my last scan appointment, my bleeding had slowed, and I was wondering if the remedies had completed the job. I was dreading the scan, knowing they'd probably give another internal one, and wondering if I'd get all upset again from overly sympathetic hospital staff.
So Friday afternoon I went for my scan, alone this time, and thankfully didn't get upset, and was told I didn't need to return for another - all being well in a week or so. At last! The scan woman was clinical this time, not sympathetic and warm like the previous women have been, but that was good, as it allowed me to stay calm and focused, and talk for a change. She checked me out, and said again that both ovaries looked healthy, but the miscarriage still wasn't complete. Disappointed, I walked back to the ward, to await a discussion with a doctor. This time, a gynaecological consultant spoke with me, and was really positive. She said how she thinks I made the right decision weeks ago, not going for surgery or pills, as my body seems to have done a very good job of dealing with it naturally. She said it doesn't happen so well in all cases, and many women do opt for a quicker solution of taking medical help, but in my case, my body's done well. She said there's still a centimeter and a half size clot there, but she said that even with a D and C or Evac, clots bigger than that are often left inside. So I felt very happy to have been able to do it my way, and to have got away with it. It's still not over until I stop bleeding, but the doc seemed confident that it'd probably be complete within a week.
She spoke of trying to wait at least a month or one period before trying to conceive again, or preferably 6 months if we can, to give my body and mind time to recover. I said how this baby had been unplanned, but how we'd been very happy looking forward to its arrival, so wasn't sure if we'd want to try now, or not.
I've actually felt normal again since Thursday, which is weird, but I guess it's good. I do feel guilty when I feel like this though, as I feel I should be sad and mourning our baby for a long time. It has been a month and 3 days since I heard our baby had passed away, and it's been just 12 days since it left my body. Maybe I'm still in shock, or maybe I've just been able to keep busy enough not to have too much time to think for the last few days.
I've been trying to focus on our daughter more than my sad feelings. I've been trying to do more things with her, jigsaws together, playing together, and enjoying being with her whenever I can. I love her so much. We went to IKEA today for the first time ever, and picked up an extending children's bed for her birthday. Crazy shopping experience, not sure I enjoyed it, but it was different.
Anyway, now I'm feeling a little more normal, I'll probably not be writing so much on here. This was started as a way of helping other women who want to hear a first hand experience of a missed, silent, delayed miscarriage, so I doubt I'll continue it once the miscarriage is complete. I don't know, it depends how I feel. The miscarriage may be complete in a few days, but it's bound to still be on my mind for life. It's like the miscarriage will be complete, but I'll be left empty.
Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to know more on anything I've written.
Over and out for a few days probably.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be sad if you left the blog world! Don't go! You could always write about life as a mom... No pressure, but I'd be sad if you left. I want to know more about you and your family. I'm just being selfish. ;0) Do what's best for you. It was lovely knowing you for a time!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a facebook, but I have a myspace...do you?