Sunday 22 June 2008

2 days later

I guess my husband hasn't put it out of his mind completely. Just before I carry on, I should explain that I don't drink coffee, tea, alcohol or fizzy drinks usually, and I'm the one who's explained how caffeine (in large amounts) isn't good while pregnant (as where he comes from, there are no guidelines). Last night, I was drinking a can of Pepsi that had come free with our take-away, and he turned to me and said "Should you be drinking that? Won't it hurt the baby?". I explained how the sonographer had said our baby had definitely passed away, so it couldn't possibly hurt it. He sounded like he still holds out some hope, saying but what if she was wrong, and it's just small, and hasn't grown much yet, but it could in time. What could I say? He could be right, miracles do happen. There's no doubt in my mind though, I believed what I saw on the monitor, and the proof is there in the two scan photos, showing our baby has got smaller.

No comments: