Friday 22 August 2008

Missing friend.....


It's been a strange week. Tuesday was the 42nd birthday of my friend, T, who's now been missing over 7 months. We put a birthday greeting in the paper to remind people of her, which spurred 4 of the local papers into writing articles about her disappearance. It's good to see their support, and help in trying to publicise the case. We really hope it helps bring something to the surface to help in the case.

Me and my mum took a lovely big bunch of flowers to the local mosque today, before Friday prayers, to help remind people that she's still missing, and still cared about. We chose some really nice stems, and put a birthday greeting message attached to them. T had lots of friends who she prayed with there. Maybe next year we'll take some to the library, which is another place she'd often visit. It's sad that her family aren't here, so we can't do anything with them to remember her. I have written to them this week though, so hoping they'll get in touch soon. I'd like to remain in contact with them, in her memory. She talked about her family in Indonesia a lot, and I'd love for us to visit them one day. I'm hoping that a letter from us will bring them comfort during this time, and that it'll show she was well loved here.

On Tuesday, I also found out that I'm anaemic. I'd had lots of blood tests and an ECG done recently, trying to find out why I'd been getting palpitations more recently over the past few months. I'd thought it was purely down to stress, but my mum said I should get it checked, so I did. Lucky I did, as my iron level is at 6, which is very low, and I'm now having to take 300mg iron, 3 times a day, for the next 4 months. Great fun! I was also told to take beta-blockers too, as the doctor thinks that I'm also suffering from anxiety, due to everything that's happened since January. Think I'll give them a miss though, and see how I get on with the iron.
I read that low iron levels during pregnancy, which is what I had 3 years ago, can take up to 10 years to recover to pre-pregnancy levels, and I have been very tired over the last few years.....so I'm wondering whether my iron levels have been dropping steadily since then. I also read that anaemia can cause miscarriage. Could be why it happened. I'm glad I went to the docs, as if I'd have started trying to conceive again, not knowing I was anaemic, it's possible it could've caused another miscarriage. At least now I know, I can recover from it in a few months hopefully, and get my body and mind back on track before thinking about trying for another child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your friend. :0(

XOXO, Jamie (moderndaymom)